Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Staples in Life

Wanna know what I miss most about America. I've got 2 things for ya, and I bet you would never guess them.

1: Carpet, yes carpet. That lovely lush soft stuff you lucky ducks in America get the luxury of. I seriously daydream about taking off my shoes and letting my toes soak in the sweet soft goodness. Church, you know the nasty church carpet that isn't really like carpet? Oh ya you know I can't keep my shoes on at all! I bought a cheap little rug for my room the other day. I acted like I was a little girl on Christmas that had just gotten a pony for crying out loud!

2: Chhheeessse, you got that right cheese. I travel far and wide to get some decent cheese around these parts. Seriously. Costco is the only place you can get the good real deal stuff. We travel for about an hour to get there and walk a couple of miles. It's so worth it.

Yep, I guess I took for granted these precious worldly good and had to travel to Taiwan to truly appreciate them.

P.S. I've also started liking corn while I've been here. For those of you who know this is a BIG DEAL!! I've HATED corn my whole life..... weird. Maybe my mind is just more open here and i'll come home and hate it, but for the time being that stuff ROCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment