Sunday, December 5, 2010

Len Shan Len hai

My time is winding down here in Taiwan. Weird. This weekend was yet another doozy. We made our way down to the southern tip of the island to a tropical paradise, Kenting. It was oh so lovely. I really am going to come home and be so bored with myself all of the time. Seriously we spend a good 5-10 hours at LEAST traveling every single weekend. And we HAVE to do something EVERY weekend, just sitting back and relaxing at home on a Saturday will seem so insufficient... Maybe i'll start taking the Fun Bus more often and take up Bingo at the home to entertain myself.
Now that is some good FROOD. Seriously though, it's REALLY good. These places are my favorite. I should take a picture of how you order. But basically they have an assortment of food and you choose what you want and they cook it up for you. It's so delicious and notice the portion size? I tell you I don't know why in the devil these people are so freaking skinny. i'm definitely going to need a diet when I come home. 

Yes my fellow friends while you're freezing you BUTTS off i'm just laying back on the beach, sippin some diet coke. I lead such a hard life i tell you. May as well enjoy myself while i'm missing the most epic snow year in 10 years gosh dang it!

Meet: SandMan
You can bet that we got about a million stares and hundreds of pictures taken of us while we were making this puppy.


MERRY CHRISTMAS!! 
Don't worry the people that took this picture for us then had to take a ton of pictures with us. They got our email address and said they would send us the pictures. I hope they send the 300 they sneakily tried to take of us while we were making it as well. 

Darn it I HAD to wake up this morning and go for a nice walk and relax in this. Shoot. 

But I must tell you about the hostel we stayed at. The people were really very nice, but holy hell. The men that come here from America and Canada down right DRIVE ME INSANE! They pretty much are all 45 year olds who never grew up and are pretty much the freakiest, most physco people i know. The man that owned our hostel was a very kind Canadian man, but thee most unintelligent person I've ever met. He's lived here TWENTY years and he's a business owner. Naturally you'd think he would be able to speak Chinese right? URRrr he freaking knew as much as I do, and I don't know didley squat! 
They had a nice BBQ at the hostel on Saturday that we went to. I could have had a more intelligent conversation with one of my 3 year old students. Lets just say, if I heard him mention his cat and how it needs to get bigger and fend for itself so his dogs can come upstairs,one more time.... and he for whatever reason kept trying to say Gracias in Spanish but would always say Glasias. Complete idiot.
however, I must say it was quite entertaining and has given us a lot to talk about! I never knew such interesting people existed until I came here. Now, no one can really surprise me.
Another week down, 4 more to go. 
YESSss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment