Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving of Champions

 It's so weird. I CANNOT figure out time here. Seriously. I don't know how in the devil it got to be November and now on the cusp of December. In my mind it's still Mid-July back home. Which i guess is a really good thing right now, because it's not making me miss the holidays really at all. That being said we still wanted to do something for Thanksgiving.We went back to our restaurant Tasty. It was so Tasty, here's a play-by-play of my meal. (complete with Beautiful Karyn complimenting all the pictures)
Course 1
Asparagus and shrimp.
Dipped in the most delicious sauce.
My tummy is feeling good after this one.

Course 2:
Cheese Potato Mushroom something on bread.
My taste buds are one fire. 
Stomach going strong.

Course 3:
Romain Salad.
So, good.
I'm a salad gall if you guys hadn't noticed.
Taiwanese do not like their salad.
This was a RARE special occasion.
My mouth was loving it.
My stomach?
Not hungry by any means.
But I keep going.
(it's really hard to see, but do you see a small red dot on the right-hand corner? That's my big Buddha, only completed the whole Thanksgiving in Taiwan experience having a clear view of him all through dinner)

Course 4:
Pumpkin Soup.
I may not of had pumpkin pie, 
but I had pumpkin soup.
and it was DELICIOUS.
I'm starting to slow down a little at this point.

Course 5:
Swata (complete with a candied cranberry on top)
Icy shots of pure goodness.
It's basically just icy lemonade.
to cleanse the pallet of course.
The waiter kept refilling them for me though.
and i kept drinking.
more than I perhaps should have.
it was just so good.
I'm getting full.

Course 6:
The Main Dish.
Steak (if that what you can call it. let's just say they don't do steak here. It was more like roast beef you cook in a crock pot.), some yummy white fish, and calamari 
I never thought I would like calamari.
Ever.
This stuff.
It's good.
Even you doubters would like it too.
Notice the lovely array of about 5 spices and sauces I could choose from.
I'm really full now.
Like couldn't even finish 1/3 of it.
I had to save room though..

Course 7:
Mango smoothie.
Simply put
Delicious.
I'm in love with not only fresh mango's
but any sort of mango flavor:
dried, frozen, candied, artificial
whatever, i'll take it.

Course 8:
Chocolate Bag
the creme de la creme
they put chocolate inside that crepe like bag
fry it up
melt the chocolate
put it over some ice cream
and let kailey experience heaven on earth.
seriously though. 
words don't accurately describe the hazlenuty goodness 
chocolate.
PARADISE!
No matter how full i get.
I can ALWAYS
ALWAYS.
make room for that.




No comments:

Post a Comment